Working to Mitigate COVID-19 for Residents and Staff Members
Any staff member with symptoms of COVID-19, being tested for COVID-19, or having a diagnosis of COVID-19, is kept out of work until they have been cleared to return to work by the County Health Department and Administration.
We are working very hard to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at the Brook at High Falls.. We have adapted the latest evidence-based local and federal health guidelines to protect residents and staff from the risk of COVID-19. These include, but are not limited to:
- Requiring all staff to undergo travel, symptom and temperature screening prior to reporting to work
- Monitoring residents for an elevated temperature and symptoms every shift
- Universal masking for all staff while they are in our facilities
- Eliminating large resident group activities and communal dining
- Restricting visitation, except in imminent end-of-life situations to help prevent transmissions from the community
- Using virtual medical appointments whenever possible so that residents do not need to leave our building
- Screening all new residents on admission for the possibility of recent COVID-19 exposure or infection and implementation of cohorting and isolation precautions.
- Regularly disinfecting all units, nursing stations and treatment areas